Airfix HMS Hood 1:600 Vintage Classics Military Naval Ship Plastic Model Kit A04202V Small
- Price : .
The largest warship in the world when launched in 1918. She was the pride of the Royal Navy on sailing to intercept the Bismarck in May 1941. After making contact with the German battleship she, with HMS Prince of Wales opened fire. The Bismarck returned fire and with her 5th salvo hit the Hood a fatal blow and she sunk within two minutes. Only three crew from her total of 1,500 survived.
- Enjoy the nostalgia with the revival of this classic plastic model. The boxes feature original paintings by an impressive range of artists.
- Since the early 1950s, Airfix has produced hundreds of fantastic models, across many different categories and the majority of these tools still exist, and using these tools are how the Vintage Classics are made.
- Many of these models are a little more challenging for today’s modelers, but that’s part of this brilliant hobby’s fun. With some wonderful “only produced by Airfix” items to come, the excitement’s really building!
- Painting required: yes, paints need to be purchased separately. The box will include the year that the kit first appeared on the market, plus carry the modern Humbrol color references.
- Painting required: yes, paints need to be purchased separately. Humbrol Paints needed are listed on the outside of the box.
- Skill level: Intermediate